Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Dreaming Tower

It's done, finally finished and sent off to the editor who assures me she doesn't hate it. That makes me very happy. I'm nervous though, as excited as I am about this book, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be driving Jill crazy asking if she liked it. It's the longest thing I've ever finished and the birthing pains of bringing this book into the world are just beginning. (the cover art is going to be fantastic!)
I found myself, as soon as I hit send on the email, wanting to tinker; it needs 20 more pages, I need to cut out 3 major characters, I need to add 2 more. For some reason, I wanted to explain how the kingdom would function, what the economics were and how the fairies were going to be integral to everything that was going to come in the future. I had some awesome
world building details floating around in my head and, honestly, if I'm plied with enough alcohol, I may be induced to bore whoever asks me about them for hours. But they don't belong in this story. This story ends with a happily ever after and I like it that way.
I'm ready to walk away from this story for a bit and go play with some of my other imaginary friends. I'm hoping to have it out in the world by February, a full year after people started asking for a sequel. No, it didn't take me a year to write this book. It took me almost 10 months to want to write it and I'm glad I took my time. I couldn't have written this book a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment