Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Trip to the Grocery Store

Walking through the book and magazine aisle in the grocery store, I kept looking around and saying, “I know her” or “I've met him” or “I went to school with their kids.” There were several books that I could remember conversations I had with the authors.

My aunt is mentioned in the book Gods Guest List by Debbie Macomber. It mentions the book she was writing, which she has since published and which resides on my book shelf.

This trip to the grocery store reminded me why I want to write. I want my friends and family to be able to take a similar walk, point to a book and say, “Hey, I know her,” and it's my book.

Maybe I should work on my novel some more.

1 comment:

  1. You should definately work on that novel! This is my dream too...we will make it :)

    ReplyDelete