Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Health Journey: Week 8

There are good weeks and there are bad weeks. This last week was an awful one. After last Monday's results, I was devastated. I broke down during this last week, wondering why I was bothering, convinced I was going to be a fat ass forever. It didn't help that I was dreaming about donuts and cake every time I went to sleep. This resulted in several bad nights of sleep and the belief that I was a bad person for craving food that I used to eat regularly.

This is when a support system becomes invaluable. They held me while I cried, reminded me that I'm beautiful and that I deserved to look the way that I feel. They reminded me that back sliding happens and to go back to the basics

Get Up
Eat Breakfast
Be Fabulous
Do Yoga/Pilates
Shower
Go to Bed

It was a one foot in front of the other, if you can get through the next hour you'll be fine, kind of support and I needed it. By Friday, I was back on my own bandwagon and feeling much more optimistic.

Saturday was my birthday and I spent it mostly in seclusion. I couldn't handle temptation as fragile as I still felt so I avoided it. Honestly, it made for the most relaxed birthday I've ever had. Easter brunch was good, I watched my portions and stuck mostly to meat-type proteins. Going in to my weigh-in today, I was cautiously optimistic that I had regained the ground I'd lost.

I had.
And then some!

I broke through a barrier I'd been flirting with for weeks and it feels so great!

This weeks numbers:

Starting weight: 316.8 lbs
Today's weight: 298 lbs
total weight lost: 18.8 lbs

current pant size: 24

I've set milestones for myself for all this weight loss. I'm doing it by percentages. 10% at a time, to be precise. Losing 10% of my original weight will put me at 285.12 lbs. That number startled me when I first looked at it because it's one I've known well. It was the heaviest I'd ever been until this last year. I wasn't there long and I plan on waving as I breeze on past it.

1 comment:

  1. See! I told you that you could do it! :) I knew you'd get out of your funk and that support system is always here to tell you how much you deserve to achieve your goals! I love you! Congrats on breaking away from the 300s!

    ReplyDelete