Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mercury Retrograde Press

In clearing off my desk (yes, just moved, already a mess), I realized that I have a bunch of book reviews in various stages of completion. And wow, is this a horrible time to try and complete them. December, I promise, they will all be done and uploaded in December (yes, I've been saying that a lot, lately, especially to the dishes that continue to pile up during NaNoWriMo).

The reason I bring this up is because I realized that all of the books I enjoyed the most, the ones I'm having difficulty writing because it's so hard to get across how much I really, truly love these books, all came from the same publisher.

Mercury Retrograde Press has such a cool vision, I was intrigued. When founder Barbara Friend Ish gave me the chance to review some of their books, I had to jump at the chance to read "unconventional authors and works that might undeservedly slip through the cracks". I am so glad I did. Most of the books that come out of some of the bigger houses lack substance. In the effort to be commercial, they become a bit too light and airy. Every book I've read from Mercury Retrograde Press has been enjoyable to read and heavy enough to make me feel like it was time well spent.

The website is so much fun to browse through, too. So many fun little goodies.

I promise, I will share the best bits with you in the coming weeks, maybe sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you, Kort! I am truly honored by your comments, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the books you've read.

    But I understand: it's November, and we're all writing. :)

    ReplyDelete