Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Eighteen

Today feels like a better day than yesterday and there are only a couple reasons I can think of to account for it, none of which should really make that big a difference to my day.

The first thing is the music. I like having music playing when I'm writing but it has to be the right music. Nothing I had really felt right and I kept going back to youtube to play certain songs. Finally, I just went ahead and downloaded the cd's and the pages just seemed to fly by.

The second thing was an email from a friend, which was a forwarded conversation she'd had with a mutual friend I'd lost touch with over the last couple years. They were both talking about how much they admired me and my writing.

I'll admit, I cried a little. I mean, really, who wouldn't get emotional upon reading that your friends are very impressed with you and think you should stop listening to the little gremlins of self-doubt that live in your brain. It was a very nice email to receive, is all, especially after the non response I got from certain quarters that I wasn't expecting.

Today's total word count isn't as high as I'd like, but I'm very satisfied with the scenes for today. The one that took the longest feels more intimate than the sex scenes I wrote a little over a week ago, and that's exactly how I wanted it to be. Tonight, I leave my characters hurt but stable (instead of bleeding to death like they were yesterday) and very, very loved.

Today's stats:
Title: Amaria
Total word count: 30052
Words written today: 1331

The music that made all of today's writing possible:


Gotta love Tam . . . I mean, Ryan Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment