Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Twenty

Ever have one of those days where everything just seems to be distract you from what you wanted to get done? Today just seemed to be like that for me.

I worked on my car today. I've changed the oil and oil filter in it before, along with flushing and filling the radiator (ah yeah, I'm awesome, check those skills). Today, I needed to replace the battery. Again. Mostly because the brand new battery I put in it yesterday was a dud. Nothing major but my tools had gone missing (they turned out to be in my husbands trunk, no idea why) and I had no way to get to the auto parts store.

Waiting for my ride to the store would have been a great time to write. Yep, I ended up attacking the dirty dishes in the sink, including the chopsticks. Oh, the chopsticks? Yeah, I keep a dozen pairs so I can eat ramen with them and feel awesome instead of broke. I boiled some eggs, organized my pots, put up hangers next to the stove to put the ones I use the most on and . . . yeah, I was productive today.

Okay, finally, sit down to write. Oooh, flash fiction challenge? I'll just do a quick one. Hey, this would be a great start to the sequel to my first ebook that I want to put out in January. I'll just do a quick sketch and, goddammit, really? 10 pages on a project that is not the novel I'm trying to work on.

I did get work done on the novel, finally. I'm 90 pages in and, with the way the pacing is going, it's looking like it's going to be 400 pages long. My fun little genre project has become an epic. I'm not upset with that but I'm not sure that's what I originally signed up for. So, we'll see how this goes.

Today's Stats:
Title: Amaria
Total words written: 33,493
words written today: 1,690

No comments:

Post a Comment