Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Twelve

With day twelve, I can't help but be grateful for Write or Die. So much of my life is online currently that, when trying to get any amount of writing done today, I kept getting distracted by the big shiny thing that is the internet.

Now, I'd read a few weeks back that, if you were to write only 250 words a day, you could have a book written in a year. If you were to double that to 500 words, it would only take 6 months.

"500 words?" I thought? "I can do that." I then made the commitment to write at least 500 words a day on the Urban Fantasy book I was writing.

I got talked into doing NaNoWriMo at Milehicon in October and, while the 50,000 words in a month goal was a bit daunting, I figured I could give it a try. It breaks down to 1,667 words a day.

When I sat down with Write or Die, I discovered that I could write 250 words in about 10 minutes. So far this month, I've managed to meet or exceed my writing goal almost every day. With the support of some friends, along with NaNoing with Jilly, this month of writing has been going very well.

I'm also using this time to learn as much as I can about the wonderful world of self-publishing. Hopefully this information will prove helpful in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment