Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Six

Day six! Oh, day six was so much better, no matter how according to plan today's story didn't go. (Does that make sense? I hope so.)

I love it when a character comes in and takes over a scene. That's how truly awesome books get written. Because, truly, you're not creating this story. Nope, you may have started out intending to, but you're just the stenographer. You're following your characters and get to record what's going on.

So, knowing my characters aren't going to do everything I want them to is the exciting part about writing but when a minor character just pops up and becomes a bit more major, leading to her own sub-plot and romantic interest? Still cool but leads to feeling like I'm following my characters down the rabbit hole. I'm learning things about my main character, good and bad, that I never would have suspected.

On the whole, I feel pretty good about today's writing and I'm looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

Stats:
Title: Amaria
Total words written: 11346
Words written today: 2977

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad Day 6 was so awesome for you! And you managed to blog about it, so you are a step above my slow butt today ;) lol. Love you! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete