Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Nineteen

Another day where most of my word count doesn't go into the story. Instead, most of today's effort went into getting in touch with my bad guy.

I started this journey with the bad guy already in mind. The Regent, desperate to save his father, was blackmailing my main character.  He was meant to be a shadowy figure, working mostly through agents after his first meeting with my protagonist, during which he threatens her and her family.

Alas, he went and fell in love, and the feelings were mutual. That . . . was not the way it was supposed to go. While I explored the little love triangle that popped up, a more sinister bad guy decided to start tapping on my shoulder. His plot was much bigger than taking over a simple kingdom. In fact, he'd been plotting for years to exterminate all the humans so he could get to the ultimate power that was, he believed, buried in a desert guarded by a fierce race of warriors.

Whoa. Cool.

Characters from a book I'd started years ago but kept having plot problems with started popping up. This is all to the good, because now I know where to take the other book. Apparently, I'm writing book 2 of the desert lord saga. I did not know that.

So, here's to unexpected plot twists that triple the work but make the journey so much clearer, at least in my mind.

Today's stats:
Title: Amaria
Total words written: 31803
Words written today: 1751

1 comment:

  1. Hey you still made the words for the day! Congrats on the plot twists that will make more books! I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete