Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Ten

Ah, Day Ten. I accomplished so much today, unfortunately, the word count doesn't reflect it.

I played with Scrivener for Linux today. There's definitely a learning curve but I think I'm figuring parts of it out which is very encouraging.

What else did I do today? Well, I figured out, almost all by myself, how to format and design an ebook. I just need to finish the cover and it will be ready for Amazon. I'll be posting links when it's up and available for purchase.

You might notice a word count widget on the upper right corner of the blog. I'll be keeping it there throughout the month of November. I'm a compulsive updater so check often.

Today's Stats:
Title: Amaria
Total words written: 18000
Words written today: 822

I was asked for a synopsis and an excerpt so here we go:


Synopsis: 


Amaria is the daughter of one of the kingdoms greatest smugglers. He bought his nobility. His family, Amaria's cousins, are part of a desert people who prey on the trade routes between kingdoms and the guardians of a deep secret. The king is mad, magic is suspected and his son seeks to gain allies as he searches for a cause and a cure.

Excerpt:

Exhausted from her latest round with the healers, Amaria looked out the window of her home at the most fashionable street in the capital. It also had the distinction of being the most expensive. It was not the most prestigious and that annoyed her. It set her family apart as new money. Of course, the old money, which lived in the most prestigious neighborhoods, was going broke. One could not buy into the prestigious neighborhood; one must be born there, or placed there by the monarch. With the current monarch quite mad, but in otherwise excellent health, that honor was not going to happen any time soon.


1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! You are mastering the epublishing world and this novel! Thanks for all your help. I don't know what I'd do without you. I can't wait to see the finished product of your novel with its cover in place!

    ReplyDelete