Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day Sixteen

I think maybe I should call this the "Today I Learned" post but I didn't really 'learn' all that much. Maybe it would be more accurate that this day enforced things I already knew.

Things like:

- There are people out there who are going to knock your dream just because they can.

- You should never base your self-worth on what other's think about you. Especially if they don't know you.

- Everybody's success looks different.

- One of the best compliments a writer can receive is the question "when's the next one coming out?"

My very first ebook became available for purchase today. So far, everybody's who's read it and told me about it has loved it. That in itself is cause for celebration. I'll buy myself a cup of coffee if I sell enough books to get a check from Amazon.

I've spent several years of my life in and around publishers. I think I've learned a few things and I am very, very glad I did my homework.

I guess the point of today is, if you have a dream, go for it. Not everybody will be there cheering you on but you're not doing it for them, you're doing it for you.

Oh, and buy the book.  


Today's stats:
Title: Amaria
Total words written: 26685
Words written today: 2361

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Ignore all the people who want to knock you down. The truth is, they probably don't have the guts to try what you are doing. I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete